Use a biosample workflow file to upload biosamples in bulk and assign library prep instructions, analysis workflows, and metadata to the biosamples.
All data associated with a biosample name are automatically aggregated to the biosample. To ensure accurate data aggregation, biosample names and any Sample IDs used to create them must be unique. For more information, see Automatic Data Aggregation.
- Download or open a biosample workflow template.
- Complete the following fields for each biosample.
Save the file.
- Biosample Name—The unique identifier for the source DNA.
- Default Project—The default project for storing analysis data.
- [Optional] Container Name—The source DNA plate barcode or other container ID.
- [Optional] Container Position—The well location of the source DNA.
- [Optional] Prep Request—The name of the library prep kit to use for preparing the biosample.
The name must exactly match an existing library prep kit.
- [Optional] Required Yield Gbp—The required yield for the prep request.
- [Optional] Analysis Workflow—The name of the analysis workflow.
- [Optional] Analysis Group—For analysis workflows that use data from more than one biosample, the name of the analysis group.
- [Optional] Sample Label—For analysis workflows that use data from more than one biosample, the sample label.
- [Optional] Delivery Mode—The delivery instructions for the analysis, Deliver or Do Not Deliver.
- [Optional] Custom metadata fields.
||From the biosamples master list, select the File drop-down arrow, point to Upload, and then select Biosample Workflow.
||In the Upload a Biosample Workflow dialog, add your biosample workflow file
BaseSpace Sequence Hub validates the file and identifies any errors.
||If there are errors in the manifest file, correct the errors and upload the file again.
||If there are no errors, review the notifications and select Continue.