The VariantStudio v3.0 desktop application requires the following computing specifications:
- 64-bit OS (Windows 7 or later)
- 4 GB RAM recommended; 2 GB RAM minimum
- 20 GB hard drive space for installation
Analyzing whole genome data requires more memory:
- Minimum 3.5 GB RAM per annotated whole genome; 4 GB RAM recommended in addition to system memory.
- Whole genome gVCF without hom-ref positions: 4.0 GB RAM per annotated whole genome in addition to system memory.
- Whole genome gVCF with hom-ref positions: VariantStudio populates a maximum of 10 million rows in the Variants table. When all 10 million lines are populated, > 5 GB RAM without annotation is required. With annotation, 6–7 GB RAM is required.