Set Up a Case
The first time you open a case, the software might prompt for certain metadata. Use the following instructions to add a subject to the case. If a subject has been added to the case, use Edit Subject Metadata and Edit Sample Metadata to add case metadata.
||From the case, select Add Subject.
||From the Add Subject/Sample dialog box, do as follows.
- [Optional] To add the case to a project, enter the project ID in the Project field.
- Enter the subject ID in the Subject field.
- Select the Sex drop-down arrow, and then select the biological sex of the subject: Male or Female. If the Subject exists in the registry, this field is automatically filled.
- Enter the unique ID in the Sample field.
- Select the Sample Class drop-down arrow, and then select one of the following options:
Select Submit to save changes and return to the case.
- Tumor-Only—Establishes a tumor analysis.
- Tumor-Normal—Establishes a tumor analysis using paired and normal samples.
- Germline—Establishes a germline analysis, and is the required setting for each sample used in family-based filtering.
- Unknown—The sample class is unavailable, and the software defaults to a germline analysis.